A Group, Oyo Youth Alliance, ( OYA) has said one of the Oyo state governorship aspirants on the platform of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Dr Azeez Popoola Adeduntan has confirmed that the party submitted the name of Oloye Adegboyega Taofeek Adegoke to the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) as its Oyo state governorship candidate on the 5th of August 2026.


The Group in a statement issued on Thursday August 20, 2026 and signed by its Chairman, Alhaji Ganiyu Busari and Comrade Segun Adedeji said this confirmation was made in a suit filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja on the 19th of August 2026 challenging the nomination and submission of Olooye Adegoke’s name as the Oyo State ADC Governorship Candidate.


The respondents in the suit are the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) as 1st respondent; African Democratic Congress, ( ADC) as 2nd respondent; Chinedu Idigo, National Organizing Secretary of the ADC as 3rd respondent; Harrison Akpojero, Chairman Oyo State Electoral Committee of the ADC as the 4th respondent and Olooye Adegboyega Taofeek Adegoke as the 5th respodent.




OYA said this development has therefore throws a ray of light to the false claim by one of the governorship aspirants, Dr Gbemileke Alagbe popularly known as Eleniyan that he is the authentic governorship candidate of the ADC in Oyo state.
It could be recalled that Alagbe has in the past couple of days erroneously presenting himself in the media as the candidate of the ADC in Oyo state confusing both the media and the public.
The group however said that contrary to Alagbe’s claim, one of the ADC governorship aspirants, Adeduntan in a suit filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja on August 19, 2026 listed Olooye Adegoke as the fifth respondent and challenging the presentation and submission of his candidature to the INEC by the ADC leadership.
“In the originating summon, Adeduntan through his Lawyers confirmed that ADC submitted Adegoke’s Name to the INEC as its candidate in Oyo State on 5th of August 2026”, the group said in the statement.
The group now asked Alagbe that “why is it that it is Adegoke that Adeduntan joined in his suit?; why did Adeduntan state in his Motion that ADC submitted Adegoke’s name on the 5th of August and not Alagbe’s name?
OYA has therefore said the Suit by Adeduntan at the Court has dismissed the claim by Alagbe as total false, saying his claim to the governorship ticket of the ADC in Oyo State “is a mere wishful thinking, an unreliable and unrealistic dream and a futile attempt at claiming what does not belong to him.”
It said Alagbe should stop further illusion and advise him to keep his money for other useful engagements.
It also said that if Alagbe wakes up from his dreams and wish to work for the success of the ADC and Olooye Adegoke in the February 2027 governorship election in Oyo State, he will be welcomed.
OYA also called on the members and supporters of the ADC in Oyo State as well as the good people of the state to continue giving their support to Olooye Adegoke who it said is the authentic ADC Governorship Candidate in Oyo State and one that will deliver good dividends of democracy to the people.
The group also informed the general public that Olooye Adegoke was officially and publicly announced as the Oyo ADC gubernatorial candidate by the leadership of the party at the Grand Finale of the ADC Osun Governorship Campaign held in Osogbo last week.
“Those who were present at the rally or who watched the campaign on Television would realized that after introduction, Olooye Adegoke addressed the crowd as the Oyo state candidate of the ADC” the Group said.

