Breaking: Lanlehin Loses as ADC Appoints Caretaker Excos
The governorship candidate of African Democratic Party (ADC), in the 2019 governorship election, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin on Sunday lost the firm grip of the party as chieftains of the party held a mini-congress that ousted his loyalists.
Recall the former executives loyal to Lanlehin on Saturday issued a communique alleging some members of the party colluding with the ruling party to foist a caretaker executives on the party.
Meanwhile, the factions loyal to Chief Koleosho, Chief Olakojo, Senator Monsurat held a mini-congress at the house of one the leaders to choose caretaker executives and a communique was issued after the meaning convention. It reads:
“The mini-Congress, which has in attendance delegates from each local government of the State, Leaders of the party in the state and National headquarters delegates represented by Alhaji Said Baba Abdullahi- national Secretary and Chief Anayo Arinze, National Coordinator Electoral matters/INEC laison resolved as follows;
1. That as a result of the vacancy created by elapse of time with regards to the tenure of the State Executive Committee, New caretaker committee is hereby appointed to manage the affairs of party in state pending the State Congress.
2. That the Congress so affirm the appointment of the new caretaker committee as approved by the NEC of the party
3. That the executive committee led by Rev’d Ezekiel Adeniran in acting capacity is hereby dissolved.
4. That ADC in Oyo State is an indivisible political party and therefore reinstate its committee to the coalition government led by H.E. Governor Seyi Makinde.
5. The party affirms the leadership of Chief Michael Koleosho, Chief Layiwola Lakojo and Senator Monsurat Sumonu.
Hon. Azeez Ojetunde and Pastor Samuel Akintokun moved and seconded the adoption of the resolutions respectively.
Barr. Bimpe Adelowo
State Publicity Secretary.
Attempt by GOALPOACHER NEWS to get the reaction of Lanlehin proved abortive.
Are you an English Language graduate or an ND holder in Mass Communication ? Are you interested in building a career in the media industry? Call this number: 0808 389 4505 . We have a job for you.