Ayotunde Fatokun Updates Constituents His Achievements in one Year
HONOURABLE AYOTUNDE FATOKUN UPDATES CONSTITUENTS WITH HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES IN ONE YEAR:
Honourable Ayotunde Fatokun representing Akinyele Constituency 1 has promulgated his activities at his constituency in the last 365 days. The Honorable who is also the Chairman Parliamentary Council of the House of Assembly has showcased his capabilities to the good people of Akinyele LG that gave him the mandate to epitomize them at the House.
In fruition of the craving of the people of Akinyele Constituency 1 in Oyo state, the achievements of the Honorable would be divided into three:
A. Legislative duties (Motions sponsored and Co. sponsored with other colleague).
B. Executing and implementing various developmental projects within Akinyele Constituency 1.
C. Personal Efforts.
Honourable Fatokun made it his mission to fulfill all the promises made to his people during the campaign. He is going above and beyond to make sure that the people of his constituency live a better life. He also considers every citizen of his constituency no matter their age, sex or tribe.
In the coming years he promises to make more efforts in making life easier for all citizens of his constituency as he has always been doing.
1. Need for government Agencies and Other Stakeholders to put measures in place to curb students from roaming the streets during school hours.
Hon Adebo Ogundoyin; Speaker (Ibarapa East)
Hon Abiodun Fadeyi; Deputy Speaker (Ona Ara)
Hon Sanjo Adedoyin; Majority Leader (Ogbomoso South)
2. Need to tighten security against further incursion by killer herdsmen.
Hon Abiodun Fadeyi; Deputy Speaker (Ona Ara)
Hon Akeem Mustapha (Kajola)
Hon Peter Ojedokun (Ibarapa North/Central)
3. Need to review the process of environmental management to promote healthy living.
Hon Hakeem Adedibu; Chief Whip (Iwajowa)
4. Urgent need to checkmate influx of commercial taxies, tricycles and motorcycles and attendant risks.
Hon Bimbo Oladeji (Ogbomoso North)
5. Need to further contain and overcome pandemic COVID-19 and its negative public health, social and economic impacts on the citizens of Oyo State.
EXECUTING AND IMPLEMENTING VARIOUS DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS WITHIN HIS CONSTITUENCY.
1. Repair of borehole at the Onikereku Palace – Completed
2. Upgrade of borehole from manual to motorized at Ikereku Market – Completed
1. Rural electrification at Ogunjimi village – In progress
2. Culvert connecting Atapa village – Completed
3. Culvert connecting Oyebola village – Completed
4. Solar street lights at Ogbongan village – In progress
5. New borehole at Baba Egbe Village – Completed
1. Upgrade on borehole from Manual to Motorised at igboloyin – In progress
2. Repair of borehole at Alapata – In progress
3. Completion of Borehole at Idi-Iyeye – in progress
4. Donation of exercise books to students of St. David’s primary school, Aroro – Completed
1. Upgrade of borehole from Manual to Motorized at Ileba Village – Completed
2. Road rehabilitation of Agede road – Completed
1. Construction of public toilet at Moniya market – in progress
2. Donation of computers to Moniya youths – Completed
1. Installation of solar street light at Elewure village – Completed
2. Construction of culvert at Otun- Agbaakin – In progress
1. Basic Skill Acquisition Program.
150 youths were involved in the Basic Skill Acquisition Program, the youths were trained in Videography, photography, Event Decoration and management, Fabric embellishment, Financial and business management. After their training there was a graudation ceremony and certificates was given.
2. Advanced skill acquisition program.
30 students from the Basic training graduated to the advance stage on merit, they were placed to train with professionals and also gain some more field training. They have completed their training and presently awaiting graduation and empowerment. They will be empowered with different equipment needed to set up their businesses.
3. 2019 Celebration of international Day of The Girl Child.
The 2019 International Day of The Girl Child was celebrated in Akinyele with secondary school female students; over 1000 students were in attendance from 17 secondary schools in Akinyele constituency 1. They kids were lectured in different health topics and after the program they were all given a health pack consisting of toothpaste, toothbrush, medicated soaps, hand-sanitizer and mosquito nets.
4. Security meeting in Akinyele.
The security meeting took place on the 27th of June 2019. It was around table meeting to map out way and strategy to improve the security challenges in the constituency. In attendance were the Area Commander and other senior officers of the Nigeria Police Force in Akinyele LG, officers of the DSS, NSCDC officers, VGN, local hunters, OPC, Agbekoya, and all other agencies and bodies saddled with security agencies.
5. Town hall meeting – first of its kind in Akinyele LGA.
The first ever town hall meeting during the 9th assembly tenure was in Akinyele constituency 1 organized by Hon. Ayotunde Fatokun in 31st August 2019. The purpose of the meeting was to bring the people of his constituency together, get to know what they need and expect from him and be able to work hand in hand for a better tomorrow.People present at the meeting include party representatives, party leaders, other stakeholders, imams, representatives from security agencies, kings, Baales, Local Inspector of Education, Director of health and the Local government career officers and other resident of and association in Akinyele LG.
6. JAMB scholarship for high school graduates.
JAMB forms were purchased for some students that didn’t have the financial wherewithal to get the forms. A screening exercise was conducted for the students out of which 8 were qualified. Their tuition for tutorial was paid for a period of 3 months as well in addition to the forms purchased.
7. Scholarship for tertiary students.
Several scholarships were given to students of tertiary institution who couldn’t afford to pay their school fees. In total, 10 students have been given scholarship across several higher institutions and states of the federation.
8. Educational materials donated to the inmates at Agodi prison through Empower the inmate’s initiative.
Educational materials and stationaries were donated to support the inmates of Agodi correctional Center. The materials were given to support inmates that are studying to pass the NECO examination. This was done in partnership with an NGO named Empower the Inmates.
9. Distribution of relief packages during COVID-19 crises.
Amidst COVID-19 crisis, the Honorable distributed 2500 relief packages to people of his constituency consist of rice, beans, vegetable oil, tomato paste and salt.