Oyo Government Meets Conveners of #EndSARS Protest in Ibadan
As part of effort by the Oyo State Government to see to the peaceful resolution on the issue of #endSARS, the commissioner for youth and sports, Asiwaju Seun Fakorede had an expansive discussion with the conveners of #EndSars in Oyo State. At the end of the 4 hours discussion, the following resolutions were arrived at.
1. Judicial panel should be aired live.
2. Judicial panel should be timely.
3. Transparency during the panel session should be prioritized.
4. Repose confidence in Nigeria Police and rebuild the burnt police station.
5. Decentralisation of Police for the sake of true federalism.
6. The panel should have youth inclusion
7. Proper domestication of the demand; i.e immediate release of all arrested protesters; justice for all deceased victims of Police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.
In addition, prosecution of all reports of police misconduct; in line with the new police act, psychological evaluation & retraining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be redeployed;increase police salary so that they are adequately compensated for
protecting lives and property of citizens.